What is the library's mission?
Johnson & Wales University Library operates under the auspices of the JWU Department of Academic Affairs. To that end, its mission and goals tie directly to the overarching academic goals established annually by the vice president of academic affairs and the university deans.
Our mission is to maintain, develop, and provide access, instruction, study space and technology for the use of diverse information resources in support of the teaching and learning objectives of Johnson & Wales University.
Library Goals 2011-2012
1. Capitalize on web-based applications to enhance library support for teaching and learning across the academic curriculum.
2. Systematically measure and demonstrate the library’s impact on student learning outcomes, student engagement, student recruitment and retention, and faculty scholarship productivity.
3. Serve as the key educational and informational source on student, faculty and staff copyright compliance.
4. Establish and deliver a uniform standard of “teaching excellence” in library instruction.
5. Protect and promote the university’s scholarly information assets.
6. Continue to unify library services accross all four campus and strengthen intercampus library partnership.