Answered By: Kelly Faulkner Last Updated: Jan 20, 2017 Views: 2030
Yes, there are six study rooms at the Downcity library and four study rooms at the Harborside library. All rooms are for academic use by JWU students, faculty, staff, and Alumni ONLY. See attachment below for JWU Study Room policy.
Study rooms at either library can be booked online here:
- Choose Downcity or Harborside
- Choose available rooms and times -- up to four 30-minute blocks/per day/per library
- Students from the same group should not make back-to-back reservations in an effort to monopolize available rooms and keep other groups waiting. Please be considerate of others when booking and realize that we have limited rooms.
- Study rooms can only be booked using @jwu.edu or @wildcats.jwu.edu email
- Complete reservation form (all fields required)
- A confirmation email will be sent, including a link to cancel the reservation
- Study room capacity: Maximum = 6 people.
- Reservations will expire after 15 minutes if no one from the group claims the room.
- Reservations are welcome on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rooms are NOT SOUND PROOF ROOMS. Please use headphones for playing music or videos. Please be mindful of students in other study rooms and the library in general. Sound carries!
- Please do not move additional furniture into study rooms and leave it in the manner in which you found it.
- Patrons will be asked to vacate a room if another group is waiting, or if inappropriate or unethical behavior, loud noise, unacceptable food items, etc., are exhibited.
- The Library reserves the right to limit future study room use, remove users, and follow up with appropriate University authorities if the system is abused, policies are violated, or staff requests are not followed.
- Library staff monitor study rooms to help ensure the safety of all patrons and may enter rooms when in use.
- We are NOT RESPONSIBLE for your belongings. Do not leave belongings unattended or use them to hold your place in the study room.
- Items will be removed by library staff and held at the main desk if another reservation is waiting.
Sorry, the conference room at the Downcity Library is not available for general use.