Answered By: Kelly Faulkner Last Updated: Sep 25, 2017 Views: 4159
*First time using ILL? Please read the FAQs below before placing your request!
1. What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is for requesting items that are not available @ Johnson & Wales University.
2. What types of items are requested?
Books, journal articles, newspaper articles, theses and dissertations may be requested.
Generally, libraries do not lend the following materials: entire journal issues, newspapers, videos, textbooks, reference material and reserve material.
3. Who can use this service?
a. Johnson & Wales University Community (staff, faculty, or currently registered student); Alumni may request non-returnable items only.
b. you have a current Johnson & Wales Univ. Library barcode;
c. and you do not have overdue books or outstanding library fines.
4. How long does it take?
Books and articles may take two or more weeks to arrive.
Articles may take less time and will be sent via email.
PLEASE NOTE: Some articles come with an expiration date. To avoid losing your article, please download it as soon as it arrives.
5. Will it cost me anything?
Most requests are filled free of charge.
Any fees charged by the lending library will be passed on to the borrower.
If there will be a charge, you will be notified of the amount in advance, so you can decide whether or not you want to continue with the request.
6. When will I know that it has arrived?
Patrons are notified by phone or email when the material arrives. Returnable items will be held for 10 days at the Circulation Desk. Electronic items will be sent by email.
7. Can I request theses & dissertations from other Universities?
a. If it is a JWU-Dissertation:
- Search ProQuest Dissertations & Theses
- Request Dissertation by contacting Kerry Caparco at email@example.com
b. Non-JWU Dissertation:
- Search WorldCat Online Catalog:
- Use the following search structure: dissertation and
- Click “Request through Interlibrary Loan”
- Fill in all requested information.
- For items that aren’t found in the WorldCat Catalog, please see section “9. How do I submit an ILL Request” below.
8. Can I request a copy of my class textbook?
You can try to request a copy of your class text book by but you may not be successful. Generally, if a textbook is on reserve here, chances are it’s on reserve at most other libraries as well. If you are unsuccessful with the current version, you could also try an older version instead. Please keep in mind that Interlibrary Loan item due dates are set by the lending library and renewals are not guaranteed. You will most likely have to return your Interlibrary Loan before the end of the class.
9. How do I submit an ILL Request?
- Books and other physical items: Search using the Everything tab on the library homepage. If the item you are looking for is not available at JWU for immediate use, scroll to “Availability.” If the item is available at a Helin library, click the “Request It” button and fill in the information requested. If there are no Helin libraries listed under “Availability” please scroll to “Request through Interlibrary Loan” and fill in all requested information. Please use your JWU email address and your library barcode beginning with 25154. If you need additional assistance, contact a librarian.
- Journal articles: Search using the Everything tab on the library homepage. It may help to put quotation marks around the title when searching. If you are unsuccessful, try searching the title of the journal. If the article or journal is available through JWU, click the links provided to locate the article. If the article or journal is not available through JWU, click the “Request through interlibrary loan” and fill in the form, using the notes field for the article information if it is not filled in automatically. If you need assistance, contact a librarian.
- If the item is not found in the WorldCat Online Catalog, you may submit your InterLibrary Loan Request through our blank form. Please use the library catalog to request Interlibrary Loans whenever possible.
Need some assistance with the process? Check out this great tutorial on how to request an ILL!
10. How do I request a renewal?
Interlibrary loan renewal requests are sent from the Interlibrary Loan office to the lending library. The requests can take time and are not guaranteed. Please request renewals 4 days prior to the due date. There will be a band on the cover of the item explaining where to call for renewals. Please don’t try to renew interlibrary loan items at the Library Circulation Desk. They are not able to renew ILL items. You may request renewals through the ILL office by phone- 401-598-1842 or by email.
11. What else do I need to know about Interlibrary Loans?
- For returnable Interlibrary Loans, items not picked up within 10 days will be returned.
- Please do not remove the paper band with the tracking information. It helps us get the book checked in and off your account and back to the lending library more easily.
- Please return or request renewals of interlibrary loan items by the due date. Overdue ILLs jeopardize our ability to obtain future loans. Repeated overdue interlibrary loans will result in the loss of ILL privilege.