Answered By: David Meincke Last Updated: Aug 28, 2017 Views: 128
NAICS codes are used to identify industries.
The library has several databases that let you search by NAICS codes to find information about industries, and to locate companies participating in those industries. Here are two of them:
Not sure what the NAICS code is for your industry or company?
- Try using the NAICS Search Tool! (search by keyword)
- Use a library database (either of the two above) to search for your company and view the recommended NAICS code.
Here is a little more information about NAICS codes:
- NAICS stands for North American Industry Classification System.
- NAICS codes were developed by the U.S., Canadian, and Mexican governments.
- They make it easy for you to retrieve business statistics for North American countries.
- Many business directories are organized by NAICS.
You can do your research from anywhere in the world!