Answered By: Kelly Faulkner Last Updated: Oct 28, 2017 Views: 339
Printing in the library works the same way as anywhere else on campus!
- Login to a computer.
- The default student printer is: PVD Student printer
- Go to any printer in the libraries, computer labs, or residence halls within 4 hours of sending your print job.
- Swipe your JWU ID card at the printer station, select your print job, and touch the print button.
Things to note:
- Mind the Printing Allowance. The university has provided a complimentary printing allowance of 750 pages for School Year 2017-2018. If this runs out you will need to go to Student Academic Services to purchase additional printing credits.
- Getting a "user not found" error, or no response at all, when swiping your card?
- If you need to print right away, go to any library desk and we'll help you.
- You will need to go to I.D. Services at the Student Academic Services building to get this fixed. Be sure to tell them exactly what is happening.
- If you get a time-out/socket error on a printer station, it means the system is down campus-wide. Be patient, it comes back up quickly.
Alumni & Guests:
Please ask for assistance at the Circulation or Reference Desk at the Downcity Library, or the main desk at the Harborside Library.