Answered By: Kelly Faulkner Last Updated: Jul 07, 2016 Views: 242
A library database is a tool you can use to search for articles. These articles were originally published in print, such as in magazines, newspapers, trade publications, and scholarly journals.
There are several advantages to using these over Google or other web search tools:
- You know the articles are from reliable and credible sources.
- You can (very often) get the full-text of the article instead of just a short section.
- You can find scholarly or academic sources (what are those?) that your professors will like.
- You can research articles in professional or trade publications (what are those?) geared toward your career field.
- It will save you tons of time you would spend looking through pages of web links.