Answered By: David Meincke Last Updated: Aug 18, 2022 Views: 441
Frequently Asked Library Gateway Questions
1. What do you mean when you say "Library LTI? / Library Gateway?"
When we say library LTI / Library Gateway, we're referring to a standardized way to bring library content (databases, ebooks, articles, videos, and librarian research assistance) into a ulearn course page. (LTI is the protocol used by the Library Gateway).
When enabled, students simply click a link and are taken to a page featuring library resources customized for their course.JWU librarians have created Library Gateway pages that are matched to courses by course code (for example: all courses with ENGN will be matched to the library-created Library Gateway Guide for Engineering). These matches are customized to school, program, or subject and are based on the course code.
Screenshot of Library Gateway page
2. How do I get to my Library Gateway/LTI page?
Location of Library Gateway in ulearn sidebar
If the Library Gateway is already switched on in your course, you just need to find it in your course toolbar and click on it.
If it is not switched on in your course, please see next question.
3. How do I enable the Library Gateway in my ulearn course?
If you are in the instructor, and it is not already added in your course:
1. Add ulearn tool link
2. Select "LibApps" or "Library Gateway"
3. In the "Name" category provide a label that you think would best communicate the content of this area to your students ("Library", "Library Resources", could work well. Also, you can change this any time)
4. I am seeing a generic, non-program-specific guide in my course. Is there any way to get it a guide that is subject, program, or department specific?
Please send the Library's Director of Digital Resources and Services an e-mail and they will work with you match a guide to your course.
5. What I'm seeing is too general for my needs. What if I want content specific to my course section in LTI?
Our model of embedding a librarian directly into your course might be better for you in this circumstance.
Visit this page to learn more and we'll work to get you setup with content customized to just your course section.
6. How does Library LTI differ from other library access points?
7. Which subjects have Library Gateway (LTI) enabled guides?
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- English 1020
- English 1020 / 1021 - Online
- Food Service Management
- Graduate Business
- Graphic Design
- Health Science
- Information Technology
- Travel & Tourism
8. I would like to learn more. Who do I contact?
Please contact the Library's Director of Digital Resources and Services.